Friday, December 4, 2009

Family 2009 - Day 6


Don't get freaked, they aren't ghost. Its just me and my cousin with face masks after a day of soaking in chlorine in Sunway Lagoon. xP

Destination for Day 6? Kuala Lumpur! Primarily Sungai Wang and Petaling Street, which is more for the food. But the first thing we did after parking in the Low Yat parking lot, was head over for chicken rice.

Specifically, this one. But not for the chicken, oh no. This little place is just a small stall in front of a big shop. You can get to it from walking straight from the main entrance of Low Yat Plaza, turn left, and then turn right again at Pappa Rich, before turning left and walking straight. You'll see Meng Kee Char Siew, and I swear, the Char Siew descended from pig heaven or something.

The chicken was good, the taugeh about okay. But the char siew. oh. god. I can wax poetry about it. Its just the right amont of tenderness, and the skin is crisp and crunchy, and the sweetness and glaze of the char siew literally melts in your mouth. I can have like... 3 plates of this and I still wouldn't be satisfied. Its a little on the expensive side though, with 10 per plate, but its worth it, at least to me.

We shopped at Sungai Wang for a couple of hours, where I got myself another top and then a modulatar from Low Yat because of the fact that I can't bring pirated CD's in my car anymore. Rawr. And then we drove out to Petaling Street.

I missed this! Its been years since I had this drink, called mata kucing, literally translated would be cats eyes. Its delicious, refreshing and sweet! I love it, and I can't get enough of it.
And the noodles there weren't bad? I was never a big fan of noodles in the first place, but the family said it was very good, so I'll just go by their word.

Petaling Street changed though. A lot from the past years. I remember it the last time I went there, which was a good few years ago, it was still a place filled with food. Much like a night market, and the best part was, the food there was awesome. Now its nothing but clothes and bags, a place for tourists, but not for Malaysians. What happened to good ol' malaysian hawker food?

No comments:

Post a Comment