Wednesday, February 10, 2010

valentines day!

Coincidences of all coincidences, Valentines day and the first day of the Lunar New Year falls on the same day today! I got a shock when I found out. So amused, at the same time pleasantly surprised. Not that it'll make a difference to me since one, I'm not attached, and two, I'll pick CNY over Valentines day anyday. If you guys read this blog, you'll know I prioritize my darlings over anything.

But Valentines day... hmm, too cliche if you give flowers. They wilt and die in a couple of days, and I've always personally found bouquet of flowers a hassle. I only received one before, from my momma. But it was heavy and just... a waste of space once it wilts. To me? Call me odd, but I prefer a single stalk of rose.

To me? Its more... singular. Pure. I somehow found a single stalk of rose much more entrancing then a whole bouquet. Why go through the cash and hassle? A single stalk is cheaper, and much easier to carry around. And its pretty too! If something is pretty enough, no accompaniments are needed to prettify it, no? So instead of a bouquet, go for a single stalk.

Or maybe... not flowers? How about a huge teddy!

Cliche, but true? I dunno. I never seem to be able to resist a huge soft toy shoved in me, the bigger the better. Of course, I'm not asking you guys to splash a fortune on your girl, just buy one she can cuddle up to and feel as if she's hugging you, and thats pretty much enough. Not as huge as a human please. But cuddling is comforting, and girl's love comfort. I may not be the girliest girl out there, but huge cuddly soft toys gets YES. 8D

Date with movies, and a romantic dinner in a restaurant? Skip the fancy pansies. We like it if you do it yourself.

So why not fix a dinner at home? Grab a DVD, prepare a simple dinner and go on the sofa and watch a movie while you're eating something you know would cost you a bomb and is probably laced with preservatives. Saves money, gets you an awesome night of memories. Or better yet, skip the movie and go play a game of twister or something. Whats the fun playing only with two people? Trust me, its fun if you get the right person.

As for me, I'll be celebrating CNY. I probably won't even realize its Valentines, because... I really cbb. With my darlings, CNY is all I need. 8D

No comments:

Post a Comment