Friday, February 19, 2010

its a celebration!

CNY = Best time ever, undeniably. What other festivity can top getting together with your whole family in one house and just generally run everything to the ground? Put in seven uncles/aunts plus their spouses, and the grand total of all the children to fifteen, all ranging from the ages of 21 to the youngest of... was it four? Well, you get the idea. Total havoc and chaos, and I love it.

This CNY was started off more sedately, at my aunts new house for the reunion dinner at my father's side. Was basically running around helping, and I say its more sedate because the family at this side are mostly grown ups and stuff, I'm the youngest other then the other lil girl of... 10? 11? Well, one kid can't do a whole lot now can they?

Fireworks! Uncle bought them, and I love playing with the sparklers. I would've taken more pictures though, if I hadn't felt so sweaty and sticky. Trust me, running around the house is not something to do if you want to remain feeling fresh, but I enjoyed the night nonetheless!

Long journey back to meet the crazy family at SP and Penang the next day after lunch at Uncle Siew Pan's. Which reminds me to never eat before a journey again. I hate long car rides, not because there's nothing to do. But because if I don't time things right and stuff, I get horribly sick. I usually feel horrible in the car, and seriously, if not because of the fact that I just adore my hometown and everyone there, I wouldn't go through the trip.

But we got there! And the first event that happened at my gramma's house was the bed for guests collapsing. xD

Yeah, apparently my grandma's house has a history of collapsing beds. But what can you say! The house is over sixty years old, and so is everything inside it, or most of it anyway. My grandma's bed collapsed twice, when my two uncles sat heavily on it. Its currently held up by bricks. This one though, was new but just had a poor foundation. But because its the first day of the new year aka no banging, knocking, sweeping whatsoever to be done, we just dismantled the whole durn thing and chucked it outside. xD

Went to visit the stall my aunt set up to sell flowers for V-day! I almost forgot it was V-day until I got reminded by the stall, and I bought a bear for my momma! The stuff was so pretty though! But I still stand by the fact that I wouldn't like a bouquet. Too much of a hassle. x-x Though plushies. Now THAT I wouldn't mind at all. xD

My laptop met its twin! Actually, my cousins laptop. xD We both have the same model, just that mine is white and his is black. Pretty, no? Netbooks ftw. And then we went to sleep. I'll update more about CNY later, its going to be a long post. Or multiple posts. I dunno, we'll see. But I just got home and I wanna sleep, so goodnight people!

No comments:

Post a Comment