Monday, February 22, 2010

obligatory visits!

The new year for the chinese is mostly about reunion dinners and family time, so its obligatory to go pay visits to the houses of relatives and friends during the fifteen days of the new year. Most of the time, I don't really go. Except for my uncles houses in Penang.

The looong line of cars that all went at once. We were all following my uncles car in one line, cause none of us knew how to get there. So it was basically 7 cars going one after the other, and the car me and my cousins were in, we were commenting on how it was practically a wedding entourage. Which made me laugh. xD Hmm, maybe we should get specific marks for the cars of the family next time. :P

The home of my youngest uncle, the first house we went to on the... fourth day of CNY, I think? I'm losing track. But anyway! Since its the easiest to gather everyone in the house, cause its single storey and not as huge as my grandma's house, we had group pictures!

The sisters.

The brothers.

And the siblings together, all taken with their mother. My grandpa wasn't there because his not the type to travel, not even a short distance, so he preferred to stay at home.

My lovely cousins! Minus the youngest one, because he was being naughty and refused to come down from his father, who was carrying him.

While waiting for dinner. My aunt cooked up a storm for us, all in pots to feed... thirty odd people I think, yeah around that number.

My favorite! Lamb stew! Or rather, rib stew... or something of the stew variation anyway. Nomnom.

Take your own rice or eat nothing! One pot of rice, empty by the time dinner was over. Actually, I don't think there was enough, one of my uncles went without rice, if I ain't mistaken. Lesson = Use two pots of rice when the whole family is around. Cause even if half of us aren't huge eaters, the other half are, and more then make up for what the half don't eat. xP

Alchohol after dinner! The ones who drank are legal, tqvm. But we didn't really like it anyway. There were 5 different types, and we didn't really drink it. It was more like, take a glass, sip, make a face, and pass it on. They all tasted like some sort of medication, blueks.

Finger puppets! Younger cousins had them, and being the sillies that we are, we borrowed them for a picture. xD

We went to second uncles house after dinner at youngest uncles, but I didn't manage to take pictures there cause it was late and I was feeling sleepy ommmm. But we did play Declare! Game taught by cousin, and it was fun! Fifth day of CNY, we went to my aunts place at Penang, over the bridge! Look above! Packed with people. Alll family. :P See how we can't exactly fit in to one living room, all of us? Thats only like, 3/4.

Headed over to my eldest aunts place after all the stuff in my second aunts. Like, somehow this year we started to go to everyone's house and everyone will chorus this extremely embarassing yet amusing verse of 'Huat ah!'. For those that don't know, 'huat' means luck, or wealth in hokkien, and its like.... omgwtfbbq embarassing if you do it alone, but with thirty loud voices, it can be hecka amusing. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment