Tuesday, February 16, 2010

CNY

Its here! Or has been for the past two days anyway. I've never been one for long car rides, and I hate taking them especially if I have to sit in the back seat. I get car sick, and throughout the whole journey back home to Penang, I felt like throwing up. Bad idea to eat before long car ride.

But its worth it! Chinese New Year with family will always and has always been highlight of the year. Nothing beats sitting in a house you've practically grown up in, and listen to the sounds of family outside. And there's even the lion dance coming tomorrow I think! Chinese new year cookies ohmygod, how many of those had I taken. The fried lotus root, the pineapple tarts. Sheesh, say hello to a couple of extra pounds for the festive season.

I think this is part of the reason why I partly refuse to go overseas to study for a year or more, I'll miss this! I'm too attached for my own good, but to survive without people to turn to overseas is... sorta scary. To me anyway. But its cny! And besides, I'm not about to head overseas to study anytime soon anyway, so bah humbug.

Picture taking galore, but I'm needed for a gambling session and my younger cousins are clambering all over the place, I fear for the safety of my laptop. Be back in a week with pictures! Its starting university again once this week is over, but I ain't going to think about that just yet. To heck with studies for now, its cny!

No comments:

Post a Comment