Sunday, July 5, 2009

temple trip in klang

Had a temple trip today! Cause my mom was looking for somewhere to place the deities from my old house, so we went hunting with my uncle, aunt and cousins today. Woke up at 8.30 in the morning *grumblegroan* Unearthly hour to be up. But heck, it was worth it...

The 'Bak Kut Teh' we had was beyond awesome. Excuse the empty pot, but thats cause I couldn't wait to start eating and completely forgot to take a pictures. :p The service was a little slow, hence the reason why I was starving, but the food was good!. Seriously. THAT good.

After that we went to the first temple, which had the most gorgeous carvings ever.
Have no idea what its called, since I can only read the first and last character. 'Da' means big, and the last character on the left, 'Goong', means palace. Yes, olden day Chinese characters still used in temples are read from right to left. But see the snake wound around the words? There's a reason for that. Its cause of these.

See the top of the roof? Can you see whats on top? Come, let me give you a closer look, the carvings on the pillar.


Snakes! Frigging huge ass snakes! Which looked gorgeous I might add. I was completely awed when I stepped in, cause everything looks so perfectly detailed! Even the dais inside, where the statue of the deity was placed, was carved to look as if it were in the middle of a mountain. I wasn't allowed to take a picture inside there though, so let your imagination run wild.

Aunt said that they came here once before, when my cousins were much younger, they came to release the turtles they bought, because they grew too huge. Saw a huge amount of turtles there though, the smallest was about the size of my palm.

So adorable. xD The highlight of the temple had to be the snake carvings everywhere! Golden snakes at the edge of the table, snakes on the pillars, snake heads at the chairs, snakes snakes snakes! I have to admit they were gorgeous, but after awhile they got a little creepy. I mean, they looked so real, I swear they were about to attack me or something. xP

Was being emo at the side of the pool where they release the turtles. Actually no, I was just tired and wanted to sit somewhere nice, and sitting there watching the turtles and fish swim around was nice. xP

Left there at around 11.30, and went to another temple, this time, the main deity was the Guan Ying, the Goddess of Mercy.

Nothing much there, but what really surprised me was the intricate details on each of the pillars. Seriously! There were dragons.

Generals riding horses.
Even some old wise man riding a deer~
Surprised at the detail and time placed in the creation of these pillars. Bet you temples like these can't be found anywhere else. :p Oh! And there were like... this whole pack of kois too! Around the Guan Yim statue next to the main temple.
Lots and lots of them! They kept swimming in circles around the pool, but it was pretty darn cool to watch, cause its like... this whole school of golden silver fish swimming, and some of them are effing huge.

Went home around 12 something, stopped by to eat some Pan mee before going back. Uncle said it was good, so we dropped by for a try.

Whilst waiting for the food, which took quite a while I might add. I was darn bored, but not too annoyed, since I wasn't that hungry after all. The morning Bak Kut Teh was too good, I'm still craving for it. xD

Wasn't all that bad actually. Tasted very nice, yet not too oily and not too salty. :P Just nice. One complaint I have is that the shop house was just a tad bit too small, and service slightly slow, but that was probably because of the huge amount of customers they had.

Came home after that, and was busy entertaining the house guests I had, the Uncle's friends from Sweden. Had this son who was 16... who was quite cute, but makes me feel pedophilic, so I won't elaborate further. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment