Tuesday, June 23, 2009

one day out! 17 again. :P

My two accomplices for the day. :P

Went out to temple at 9.30 that day to help Ben and Shien on the mural we were doing for the temple. I was technically supposed to be there at 9, but I... eh, woke up late. :p

So all we did that day was basically draw the grid for the picture, and then filled in the boxes with a smaller version of the picture Ben drew on paper... Did that make sense? Aish! Point is, we were to draw on the wall la. But I phail at drawing, if you don't know yet. My drawings are horrible. I can't even draw a straight line! If i try drawing a cow, it'll end up looking like a football with ears.

Yes, that little round thing on the paper that Sakurai Sho of Arashi drew is supposed to be a cow. Arashi is my fangirl love, but point is. I'm as bad as him when it comes to drawing.

But heck, Ben says draw, so me and Shien draw. Don't blame me if the arm comes out looking like a tree trunk. :p Sometimes though, me and Shien would end up slacking while Ben the 'Future Architect' (chewah wtf. :P) corrects our drawings, so we do things like this.

Typical when it comes to girls, no? xD

At 11.30 though, we kept our stuff and went to change, before driving to Pyramid to watch 17 Again. Before the movie started at 12.10 though, we had some time to kill, so the three of us headed to the arcade, where me and Shien played this ridiculous, yet utterly cute game. xD

It involves the pushing of that red and blue joystick in to each other and avoiding things, and if I'm not mistaken, involves a little of teamwork too, in certain games. In other games though, its just a question of being mean and pushing the other to its death. xD Its really fun! Me and Shien were screaming the place down. Apparently, Ben wanted nothing to do with us then. :p

And then, we went in to watch 17 Again after the game, and the movie was actually quite good.

The story was about Michael O'Donnell, a star athelete with a full college scholarship guarenteed if he impressed the college scouts, whose also dating the prettiest girl in school. However, on the day of the big game itself, Scarlette, his girlfriend, informed him that he was pregnant. That moment, Mike threw everything away, including scholarship and basketball, and proposed to him.

20 years later, they were divorcing, his life was in shambles it seemes, and Mike moved in with his geeky, millionaire best friend Ned Gold.

But! He was given the chance to relive his life once again, when he was magically transformed back to his 17 year old self. At first, Mike thought he was to get his life on the right track, scholarship and all, but after attending Hayden High, he realized that his true goal was to help his children, and made friends with his son. Using a pseudonym and posing as Ned's son, he helps Alex as well as Maggie, and at the same time, helps Scarlet in her new job, a landscape designer. At the same time, ned fell in love with Hayden High's principal, Jane Masterson. Sequences of Ned trying to woe her was hilarious, and a definite must to see.

The rest of the synopsis can be found at Wikipedia, but the gist is that Mike finally reconciled with his family, and now was the high school basketball team's coach. Its a very nice story, filled with comedy and yet, has its sweet, poignant moments. Although I found it odd sometimes when Mike, the 17 year old version played by Zac Efron was dancing/kissing with a woman old enough to, literally, be his mother, but I guess it makes sense in a way. its just me.

After the movie, we went to eat at McD, where the two of them proceeded to fill my head with highly... amusing scenes from the movie Love Guru, which remind me, to never ever watch it with my mom. And then I headed home at 2.30. Spent 2 hours and a half doing my nails, and ended with this.

I like this one! All red and shiny and bedazzled. :p Anyway, I'm darn tired now, and super sleep, so I should head to bed. Malaysian Studies again tomorrow. *groan*

No comments:

Post a Comment