Monday, June 22, 2009

four days in one

Right. I swear I just spent fifteen minutes trying to get here and update. Grrr. Is blogger doing maintainence or something?

Bah! Anyway. I'm sorry I haven't been updating! I was just rushing to finish up my presentation for Malaysian Studies class, which I did today. Which also means I'm going to skip my class tomorrow cause I've seriously had enough of Malaysian Studies. The lecturer asked us to switch off laptops off today! Luckily we needed to use it again five minutes later, or I'd have died from boredom. No joke.

Back to life, last week around... Thursday or Friday? I was feeling generous, so I did a bento lunch box for my mom. :p Yes, I'm a Japan lover, sort of, and I love preparing cute bento boxes!


Not that mine ended up looking anything resembling cute, that is. I just had fun doing it. But the original japanese bento sets are really cute! Some look way too cute to eat in fact.

Like these, which will probably take hours to make. heck, there are chicks, ducklings, cats, bears, dogs, raccoons! It'll seriously take hours.

This, which is sold in a Japan Shinkansen (Bullet train) station. Its a grab-and-go lunch set! And its filled with all necessary nutrients too! Fish, meat, rice, dessert, and veg. Heck its so much easier to eat on the go in Japan, and it still keeps you healthy too!
And this is adorable! Little piggie rice balls, with a colorful upper layer.<33Saw this huge huge single croc shoe there, same material and everything. Just quadruple the size. Smaller shoes there are the normal ones, for comparison. :p

Found the baseball cap-ish cap at Kitschen. Loved it! The golden design on top made it look so intricate. But mom said I was impractical if I wanted to spend so much money on a cap, so I didn't get it. ;_;



My lovely new Mizzies! The last pair of sport shoes I had was a pair of blue Nike's, which spoilt like.. three years ago, and I never bothered getting a new pair. Now I got one though, just cause I can exercise and jog every evening. I've started getting fatter lately. :p Wana exercise, just so I don't end up being an unhealthy, obese lil girl. Rawr. Yes I'm extremely obsessed over my weight, even if I love eating. I gave up eating my lovely fatty pork meat because of it. T_T

Then later that night, after buying my stuff, we headed over to uncle's brothers place, where Uncle Siew Pan cooked lamb stew! Absolutely delicious I tell you.

Pot of lamb stew not around, but on the table was salad, pasta, saute mushrooms and pumpkins. The highlight had to be the lamb stew though! I got so indulged in eating it the moment it went on the table, I forgot to take a picture of it. Was so delicious, I think I took like.. four huge chunks of it, forget the diet. :p

And then for dessert, I made caramel pudding!
Turned out perfect. The first time I tried making it a few weeks ago, I think I added too much milk and cream, came out too soft, ended up looking like tauhu. :p This time though, the texture was just right. Wee!

And then I had Malaysian Studies again today. =.= Pictures of my presentation's with Lene, will probably post them up next time if I get them. Wana go for my jog now. *bounces off*

No comments:

Post a Comment