Monday, December 13, 2010

My computer died. D: Or rather, the brain died, so now I'm using Mike the Second! A.K.A my computer with a new hard disk. Now here's to hoping some of my old files can be recovered. *cross fingers* Anyway! Back to finishing up the darn Melbourne trip, before time comes and erases everything from my memory and I remember nuts falling from the sky.


Great Ocean Road! This was on the way to Apollo Bay, and the road was horrendous. I get car sick, so the winding roads were hell. But hey, the scenery was amazing! The pictures don't do it justice, you've gotta go there and see for yourself.

We spotted wild koala's on the way there though! There was this huge bunch of people stopped by the road side all trying to take pictures of the koala who can't be bothered and just continued munching on its eucalyptus leaves.

Finally got to the house we rented in Apollo Bay! It was ridiculous cold there, and the vapour I blew on the screen stayed for ages.

So freaking cold I wore three layers and I was still shivering. Dx

One good thing about the cold weather though, their beds are ridiculous comfy! Oddly enough, I keep getting bunk beds ever since I arrived in Geelong. xD

Played around with Uncle Alan's camera while waiting for others to arrive/dinner to be ready! :p

Hot tea was my salvation, since my hands has no gloves. D:

My cousins came over too! They were staying with us for the night, and we... yes, ended up playing Ginrami. As if I don't get enough of that back home, kan guys? xD

I lost, and I was bored. Shush. Its a heart shaped with a hole in the middle! xD

Dinner! More briyani, tumeric cabbage, curry prawns and egg rolls! I think. Was this the first nights dinner? Because the first night was salted chicken and.. you get the point. No western elements at all, even if I was in Melbourne. xD

Oh, this was when we went for a walk before dinner. Apparently, foxes are pests in the farmhouses in Apollo Bay, so they kill the foxes and hang them up like that over fences to warn other foxes not to get near. I guess its necessary since their killing the livestock the farmers need to earn money to feed their families, but it still feels a lil cruel. D:

Breakfast on the last day at Apollo Bay! We spent 3 days 2 nights there, and wee! Uncle Alan cooked breakfast again. He makes epic omelette's. xD

This was a horse in the neighbouring field, whom I've been watching ever since we got there. Because our backyard was so huge though, I only got myself off my lazy butt to go visit him on the last day. He actually walked up to me when I got nearer to the fence! I could touch his nose and everything. But he ran away when Uncle Eddy came with the huge ass camera. xD

Before we left Apollo Bay!

Stopped by a random port on the way back, where the temperature was ridiculously cold. Colder then Apollo Bay even. D:

The fact that the wind was so strong it almost blew me off my feet totally did not help matters. D:

I spied a butterfly too! Actually, the poor thing sorta got blown on me and couldn't take off after that cause the wind was too strong. D: I ended up placing it on a bush further away where there was no wind. xD

This was what greeted me when I got back on land. Don't ask me what they were doing, I have no idea. xD

Stopped by a cafe too! Cause I felt so sick, and also cause the grown ups wanted coffee, apparently. xD Hot chocolate ftw!

We could feed parrots too! There were wild King Parrots and Roselia by flocks outside of the cafe, and the cafe provided us with birdseed to feed them.

Super tame. They came up to our hands and ate! xP

Went back to Uncle Eddy's house after stopping by Uncle Alan's place for lunch, and then its the Melbourne Aquarium the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment