Sunday, September 5, 2010

the dance

Ever tried just sitting down and watching the world go by?

Don't you wonder, ever just pondered about how the random passer-by on the streets are people completely unrelated to you, but yet they manage to touch your lives? Because as fate would have it, both of you just happen to be on that same street, on the same day, at the same time. And just for the fleetest of seconds, your lives touched for the first time. Would it be the last? Maybe, maybe not. No one really knows now do they?

I like to watch. And I like to imagine. Imagine the lady in the suit being a powerful business woman behind a successful corporate. Dream that the guy whose on his laptop is a gamer whose fingers move like magic across the keyboard. Think that the teenager who has his earphones plugged and his hair covering his eyes would someday grow up to be a loving husband, a tender father.

Life is like a dance, at least to me. Intricate, complicated. But everyone knows their exact steps. When accidents happens, its when the dancers collide, just for that one split second. They miss their steps, they forget their moves. Sometimes, it may lead to greater improvisations, sometimes it is small enough to overlook and just continue on like normal. Its a dance that narrowly avoids each other, yet still meets each other in some way or another.

If given the choice, I'll be very contented to watch the world go by on a high perch of my own. With the appropriate song list, and the right amount of wind playing with my hair, I'll be very much happy to sit there for hours, just sitting and watching as lights flash, people walk by, cars pass. But I have my own dance to lead too.

A dance that makes me feel like falling and never getting up.

No comments:

Post a Comment