Tuesday, June 8, 2010

malacca is ftw.


Trip to Malacca last weekend with lovely friends! Not that I don't go down there every year, but whats that they say about everything being better when you're with friends? Hee. Busride there was pretty mundane though, what with everyone waking up at 6 something and the bus being fail!bus.
Don't ask me what Jase was doing here, I have no idea.

First place we went to was Tzu Chi Malacca! Omg they welcomed us, I feel so unworthy. x-x

Shoe bags! To put our shoes in as we were given a tour of their grand building, which was awesome. I'm really rather awed by Tzu Chi in general after the tour, especially after the video they showed us of their leader, Master Cheng Yuan. The guys were surprisingly awed by the Master. xD

Lunch! We were all starving by then, and even if the meal was a simple vegetarian one, it was definitely satisfying. Loved the food, and the bowls were so cute! if the meal set wasn't so expensive, I would've bought one. But Crystal iz frugal, so she didn't buy any. /shot

There was a cool little garden in Tzu Chi! It had the paved walkway and water works and everything! So pretteh!

Even had Japanese motifed classrooms for the classes they hold. Awesomesauce.

Of course us being camwhores, we headed back there to take pictures after all the tour and food!

2nd destination is Seck Kia Eenh temple! One of the more famous temples in Malacca. They not only have the deity there, they also keep the ashes of many people who have passed on.

Our main purpose at the temple wasn't just to walk around to look see though, we were seeing someone. Thats Brother Oh! His paralyzed from chest down, but his very very inspirational, and very very nice! I would've loved to have had more time with him, he has many stories to tell children it seems. ^___^

We even had nyonya kuih after our session! omnomnom! The yellow pulut is the best. I miss Malacca kueh! Omnom.♥

Had our Malacca River Cruise after that! Though we had to wait for a while before we could board the boat, hence silliness ensues.

Is that cicak man I see! Oh yes! It is cicak man with red shades. xD

Water wheel thingy we say on the boat! The whole ride was longer then we expected, since I really wasn't expecting that much. But it was fun! Though IMO, the boat went way too slow. And the water kept splashing on us! Rawrawr.

Pirate ship! According to our boat driver though, the original pirate ship was about six times bigger then the one in Malacca now. O-O damn its huge.

Random kids! We were the friendliest boat around, we kept waving to random people walking on the riverside. I think we freaked a couple of foreigners out too, but most of the people we waved to was pretty friendly!

Hot, hot day! So we haz ice cream and coke. I didn't buy anything though, more like skived off people. Hee. /shot
Dinner! At some restaurant whose name I do not remember. I wasn't particularly hungry, it was so hot! But ate anyway, cause the sambal was yummy! I don't get to eat Malacca sambal often okay, I felt like polishing up the whole bowl if I wasn't so full. Hee.

Went to some random shop to buy some stuff back home after dinner! Though the elder kids really didn't bother buying much. So here's a random picture of Mun Siong with a ponytail! He was trying to act cool, it seems.

On the way home, its jelly galore! it was RM1.50 per pack! Me and JJ each got two or three whole packs. I just polished mine yesterday, so good~ ♥

Ghost stories on the way back too! Which totally, totally totally freaked me out. Still pretty freaked out today, but not so bad la. I just spent the last three days sleeping in my moms room.

Got back the grades for my last few assignments today. Not happy at all. Gonna go study my ass off now for finals. x-x

No comments:

Post a Comment