Wednesday, June 23, 2010

day two at phuket!

Which was spent pretty lazily actually. I found myself waking up at around six something. AM. Probably because I get horribly unused to another bed. Or maybe its just the pull in bed the parental units got for me. Oh well, a girls gotta do what her parents coerce ask her to do? xD

Buffet Breakfast! It was part of our package of rooms, and the spread was alright. Though really, after three days of eating the exact same thing, you start getting a bit bored of it.

The same grape juice we were served on the first day. Me likes it! ^__^

It was still early by the time we finished breakfast, about 9am or so Phuket time, so before heading down to do more exploring, we went to lounge by the poolside for a while.

Laptop included of course, since Novotel provides us free wi-fi service for customers. Heehee. Nothing better then chatting with friends next to a pool with the best weather and seabreeze for accompaniment.

I went for a swim too! Found pretty flower in the pool while splashing around. xD And I actually finished a book while lounging on the poolside too. Whilst observing random people walking around. Like how the Europeans, guai lou's love suntanning in the sun? I hate getting tanned. Or dark. Or whatever. So naturally, I kept to the seats by the shades, and each time they walked past me I keep getting weird looks. Odd. Goddarn it I want to stay white, or as white as I can be anyway. *forlorn*

Went to Jungceylon after that! Its apparently one of the newer shopping malls in Patong? It looked pretty modern though, and reminded me of malls in Singapore when I stepped in. Though albeit, nothing beats the malls in Malaysia. Like c'mon, 7 floors all with organized shops and stuff? No competition yo.

They did have a rather nice fair going on when we were there though. Lookie! Selling kitchen utensils!

Except... their a bit too tiny for us to use.

Had lunch in the food court in Jungceylon, which wasn't all that great honestly, and was a bit on the pricey side too. So I didn't take any pictures. We returned to the hotel after that cause we're a bunch of lazy people who wanted a relaxing holiday, so we just lazed in the room till evening.

Market in Patong reminded me a little of Petaling Street when it came to the things on sale. The vendors there were aimed for tourists, but the difference is that you can haggle, and not be hassled when you decide not to get something! Less intimidating then Petaling Street, but I was still a bit freaked out whilst there.


More food! The night market in Patong is the most awesome place to go for food, I tell you. There's those grilled 'char siew' like meat and pork ribs which is a must try, because its like a sweeter, more succulent version of Malaysia's 'char siew'. And then there's a type of squid egg which to me is pretty tasteless, but if you're the type to go for texture then go for it! There's things from tempura prawn-like thingies to meatballs and sausages dipped in some special Thai sauce. And even some sort of white powdered, grilled fish! So many choices, its like a goddamn buffet.


They still has the aunties who walk around the tuk-tuk vendors selling food to them! In fact, one of the baskets has hot coals under wire mesh, which I think the aunties heat food over with. Oh! And the parentals mentioned something about these people selling the succulent bugs the Thai's eat too. You know the fried grasshoppers and cockroaches? You can never bribe me to eat these. Ever.

In the end, we forgoed our pre-planned seafood dinner to buy back some of the night market foods to eat. Something weird? You know how in Malaysia, there's the deep end and the shallow end of the styrofoam packaging? And the shallow end is usually the cover? Well, in Phuket its the other way round. So the food portions are rather small. Though they are nice! The mother was worried we wouldn't be used to random germs in Phuket though, so she insisted we only get the hot foods.

All in all though, the meat we bought and some form of fried beehoon and kuey teow still tasted awesome. The... so - called or chien like thingy was just normal though. I wanted to try the meatballs dipped in Thai sauce but the mother wouldn't let me. ;__;

No comments:

Post a Comment