Tuesday, January 12, 2010

binging

I've been on a binge lately. No not on chocolates, not on ice cream (as much as I'd love to, its fattening wuwu.), but i binge on CNY! Songs, cookie making, decoration making, you name it I do it. I've been listening to non-stop chinese new year songs and just generally getting in the mood. So much so my friends have all been asking me the same question, why in heck do I love CNY so much?


Well frankly... I really am not sure. Maybe its cause of the songs? I always find CNY songs super upbeat and generally cheerful, my favorite genre of songs. The one I posted up there is an old one, released in 2006 or 2007? When I was fifteen or something. I remember that was one of the few times I literally stayed for months at me grandma's house in Penang. Cousins and I were getting ready for CNY and they bought the pirated copy of the Four Princesses CNY album. I loveee this song. In recent years though, Astro, 8Tv and other stations have been releasing songs too!

Or maybe its just because of the atmosphere in general? You gotta admit, CNY always makes people feel super excited. Loud songs, cheerful colors, new clothes! I got a whole cupboard full of new clothes just begging for me to wear them. Sadly I have to wait till CNY before I can even open them. Alls the pity. ;_;

Angpaos? Maybe. Money is something no one turns down, no? And you'll get so many different red packets from your family, its enough for me to get a new album. >D But money isn't everything~

So maybe its just the family. Without fail each year, I'll definitely spend CNY with the family. The reunion dinner here in KL with the family here, and then back to Penang for cousins and aunts, where its a week of general lazing around, eating and sleeping and eating, playing... oh! And watching the lion dance troupe that comes around every year too!

No matter what it is, i'm just a very asian girl who enjoys an adores CNY every year when it rolls around. Its a mixture of time with family, laughter, enjoyment, freedom and inflow of cash all around... so whats there not to enjoy? I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment