Saturday, January 16, 2010

outing! plus family.

Not together, technically? Dinner on Wednesday was the pwnsomeness of Rakuzen at Plaza Damas... or somewhere near there? I'm not really sure. Rakuzen is one of the more expensive places where you can have a Japanese dinner, albeit its nicer and more authentic. I was a little shocked when Uncle Tong said he wanted to bring the family for dinner there though, because the prices are absurd.

The raw sashimi plate, which I have no idea how much it caused. But would you look at the size of the roe! Bloody huge. Biggest roe's I've ever seen around.

Kee Jin's sushi plate, taken after he vamoosed everything, because I didn't wanna interupt famished people from eating. But this little baby here costed at least 75 ringgit malaysia, horribly expensive... though yes, it is nice.

My sukiyaki set, which was around 38 ringgit malaysia if I'm not mistaken. Huge chunk of meat, and a lot of stuff inside the pot... sort of worth it? I'm a lil frugal though, so forgive me if I say its still expensive.

Overall, I'd say the food at Rakuzen is good no doubt. Stepdad particularly liked the mackerel, and Kee Gin also said the sakura bento set was really good. Their portions are pretty big too, but I'd say its not a place you can go to often if your pocket isn't overflowing with cash. xP

On a brighter note, the sakura bento came with pink sugar! Amazing, no? :P

Met up with this girl on Friday! She's my best friend during primary school, and still remains a very good friend. She's as tall as I am, and I haven't seen her for a solid five years! It was good seeing her again, and I brought her to eat ddukbukki for her birthday the day before.

She also came with me to make this, but since its supposed to remain a secret, its for another post.

Dinner on Friday night was with the family again before Kee Jin flew off back to Australia. The picture above depicts the signature dish of Greenville, the place where we had dinner. Godayum the prawn noodles was good! Its called 'sang ha mien' in cantonese, and I have no idea how to translate it, but its basically noodles with thick sauce and tiger prawns on top. Its utterly scrumptions.

Really liked the fried squid too! Its a lil salty sweet and slight spicy, but not overly so. Minus the fact that I had to painstakingly pick out the cilli padi of which i have absolutely no love for, this was awesome too.

Beng You makes the best cakes, be it cheese, sponge or otherwise. I should make the guy my teacher, i swear.

Oh, and on impromptu decision today, we went to get my contact lenses, or at least book them. I'll get them by Tuesday, like finally after years of begging to get contact lenses. And on the way for a bite at AC, we passed by ICLS language learning centre. Impromptu. Not planned. So..

I'm now enrolled as a Japanese learning student, beginners of course. But its a start. Wee!

No comments:

Post a Comment