Friday, January 8, 2010

preparations!

For what? Chinese New Year of course! Its my favorite season of the year, bar none. Not because of the money, though of course thats a plus point... but no, even without the money I'll love CNY. You know why? Because my familyyyy. But its been boring at home lately. Nothing to do except watch my dramas. I just finished 2 today, and I'm going to start on Huan Zhu Ge Ge tomorrow, rewatching it. :P

But in the middle of watching dramas, i've been making CNY deco! I always tie ribbons on the trees outside, and also hang something else. Fishes! I make them from old angpows.

All while listening to CNY songs on my computer! Have to get in the mood, and I do so love CNY songs when its nearer to the festivities. I don't listen to the oldies though, but the more bright, preppy young ones. No opera for me tqvm. :p

Making the fishies are actually really easy. Using a pair of sciccors, staplers, and old angpows! First, you fold the angpow diagonally 90 degrees. Like this,

And then you cut them diagonally. Just follow the red line i drew.

You'll end up with the picture above, and then cut a straight line down the middle line where its folded.
And then cross the two ends together like below, and stapler them up, and you haz fishy! Just thread them with a red thread or something and you can hang it on your trees as deco. 8D
And why am I updating on how to make fishys? Because I am BORED. I have NOTHING to update on. D8 Anything you guys wanna know? I'm seriously brain dead here. Stuck at home 24/7 is what this does. ;_;

No comments:

Post a Comment