Saturday, May 23, 2009

whats so great about love?

Yes yes I know I'm supposed to be studying, but I got bored! And i need a break, so I picked up one of my many many romance novels and started reading. Which got be on the topic of love. and then suddenly I thought, just how important can love be? Seriously though, is it that important?

Wikipedia's defination of love; Love is any of a number of emotions and experiences related to a sense of strong affection and attachment. Any number of emotions and experiances? Whaaa...? Argh. Nevermind. Forget the complicated explanations, we'll just get to simple answers. :p

From my bestie, MeiMei.
---
WanYing|| Ashita no Kioku says:
do you think love is important?
~*Mei Xin*~is indulging herself with a midnight drink. =) says:

yeah
WanYing|| Ashita no Kioku says:
why?
~*Mei Xin*~is indulging herself with a midnight drink. =) says:
cause love makes a person

love makes a person? Oiiii. Very deep la your answer. Simple minded me can't get it. *headwall*

From my crazy Rui. :p
---
WanYing|| Ashita no Kioku says:
do you think love is important?
♥ RUI MAMEEMOO. says:
yes
♥ RUI MAMEEMOO. says:
:3
WanYing|| Ashita no Kioku says:
why?
♥ RUI MAMEEMOO. says:
dont worry too much la!
♥ RUI MAMEEMOO. says:
Uh, because without love, life is meaningless? not romantic-ish love

and she even thought I was worrying too much! sweet girl. :p Without love life is meaningless? Oh really? I guess she DOES make sense, since she said it might not be the romantic love type. :p
---
From one crazy Queen
---
WanYing|| Ashita no Kioku says:
do you think love is important?
Queen Min Xian. says:
yes it is

and then she dumps me for dota. sheesh. Rawr,

---
From my Catcat.
---
WanYing|| Ashita no Kioku says:
do you think love is important?
caτ --- 當我決定擁抱自己,世界就開始擁抱我 says:
love is important.. but not most important ?
WanYing|| Ashita no Kioku says:
eh? why?
caτ --- 當我決定擁抱自己,世界就開始擁抱我 says: well, right now friends and family would be more important to me

hmmm. true true. :p ----
From cutie Pru!
---
WanYing|| Ashita no Kioku says:
do you think love is important?
>l- Prudence-l< : Smile and Be Happy...=) says:
yes
WanYing|| Ashita no Kioku says:
why?
>l- Prudence-l< : Smile and Be Happy...=) says:
we gotta love
>l- Prudence-l< : Smile and Be Happy...=) says:
to experience love
>l- Prudence-l< : Smile and Be Happy...=) says:
and being love

wah. another deep answer. but she's right though. Hafta love to experiance the feeling of being in love.

But is it really necessary? I somehow find love somewhat over rated sometimes. The couples holding hands, sweet nothings whispered in ears, the gifts, the sentiments, only to have it break apart all over months later just because you find you're not compatible. Then what happens to the gifts? Watsed in the trash. The sweet nothings? They become just that. Nothings.

Yet sometimes, you have to admit, love is such a wonderful feeling. To feel protected, to feel cherished and love, to feel like someone wants and needs you. But yet, can't you get that feeling with family? So why do you need your 'other half' as the more sappy people put it?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a total romantic. I love romance, and novels and dramas were, and will always be a weak point with me. But sometimes I have to shake myself and remind myself that this is the real world, and fairytale stories just don't happen. No Prince Charming, no Knight in Shining Armor. I however, am willing to settle for nothing less then true love when it comes to marriage, wishful thinking it may be. But for now, my family and friends would suffice, and I dare say I would be nothing without them.

But sometimes, a girl can't be faulted for dreaming of her very own Prince Charming, no? :p

5 comments:

  1. Babe. Love doesnt have to mean couples la.

    Love with family and friends. That's also love wat.

    Its not that deep la my answer. Without love rite, you can't be a person. You won't have feelings, no?

    Love with family and friends brings happiness and memories.

    Love of your job brings experience and money.

    Can't think of more cause I'm a little bit high now but I'll try to get back to you with the rest. Hahax....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woosh. Panjangnyer essay. xD Long time never write essay edi isit? :p I know what you mean la. :p Love is important of course, but it doesn't have to mean couple love, right? xD Meimei always so deep one. :p But she deep de ke ai, so it doesn't matter. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watafak. LOL. Essays are awesome kay. Yeah. I'm getting deeper and deeper. Ke ai? Hmmm.... Ye ke yi ma. Hahax...

    You don't need a boyfriend to live man. I'm single till now sial. And I'm living awesome! ^^ Well, I had to add some Black Label to that la. XP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Essays are not that awesome at college stage. Though they're still awesome wtf. :p So deep, after you drown in your own deepness ar. :P

    Neh. Prince Charming would do. And watch it! Don't turn in to drunkard la! *smack*

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. I'm already a drunkard la. Hahax...

    Yeah man. Essays in college are odd but oh well. Learning Phonetics is killing me wei. >_<

    Anyways shall indulge myself in off version of my fave drama.

    ReplyDelete