Sunday, February 27, 2011

Stop. Stop and just think, think for a second, just how fragile that thread we call our life can be. What did you do today? Have lunch with a loved one? Laughed over a private joke with friends? Or just spend a quiet evening with family around the living room? And then further your thoughts, to what could happen tomorrow. Do you know? Well, I don't either. No one does, and at the risk of sounding a little pessimistic and dark, we may even meet our end the next day. So why do things you may regret tomorrow? Say things you may wish to take back, but may never get the chance to apologize for it because life just works in unexpected ways?

You're given one life, and no matter how much some of you may think that the life is worthless, it isn't. So many people want that chance to live, so many people lay there dying, wishing to be given a second chance so they may appreciate what they've always taken for granted before. And at the same time, so many people just sit there wallowing in their own self-misery, thinking they should just take their lives. Why don't you all just stop, and think? Think just for a second, and realize that life can be taken away as easily as it was given.


So why waste it wallowing in self-misery and pity? I don't know about you, but I'd rather spend that life being happy. Happy versus sad? Smiles and laughter versus tears and despair? I know which one I'd choose anyday. I lament over the days I had lost being the rebellious teenager that raged against everyone in the world, but what was lost can never be taken back. So for now, I'd rather live a life without regrets. Besides, why opt for the latter when I laughter is music to my ears, smiles candy to my eyes, and warm hearts a salve to my soul? I've seen life snatched away, way too easily to take what I have now for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment