Thursday, April 22, 2010

laced fingers

i can't sleep. stupid ftv essay. ;_;

---

she lies in his arms, content to just bathe in the silence that was punctuated only by the whirring of the ceiling fan, the hum of the motor from the air conditioning. picking at it, the laced pattern of their twined fingers seemed like the most intricate pattern she's ever seen, as if they were the one thing she wished would never end.

"you know?"

"hmm?"

"I never thought I'd be here in five years. In fact, the last third, fourth, and this fifth year anniversary all surprised me."

he chuckled, and then gave a fond look at her. "and why is that?"

"well, you were the perfect guy."

he scoffed this time. "my first girlfriend said I put my friends before her too much."

"thats because everyone needs their own life. i definitely don't want you hanging around me too much." she replied cheekily, smacking the hand she had previously inspected as if it was the most remarkable thing in the world.

again, he chuckled. "bias girl. my second girlfriend says i'm way too cocky for my own good."

"confidence is a good quality! besides, thats why you have me to keep that constantly inflating ego of yours down."

silence. a momentary pause between the two, before "why do you love me?"

"because you're an asshole who manages to make me turn to mush everytime you sing. because you're good looking," she flashed a cheeky look. "but also because you're confident of your own life, because you treasure your relationships. most of all, because you're you."

and this time it was he that brought those laced fingers to his lips, kissing the conjoined skin in a most reverent way. because he knew, she may wheedle at his shortcomings, poke fun of him and stomp on his ego. but when push came to shove, she was also the one who would always be there for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment