Monday, February 13, 2012

whoah. O-O

Yeahhh. Figured I should just keep a blog during my six month stay in Melbourne, partly because I doubt I can remember everything and just want to keep stuff as memories, and partly because.. well Gippsland is a hella boring place. There's really not much to do here! Literally. I'm back in Syndenham now at Uncle Eddy's place, thankfully. But that's only because there's the Abroad orientation going on in Clayton this week. Next week is when I move back to the land of wild bunnies roaming around my not-so-big-but-complicated campus. Meh. ):

Life through instagram! That seems to be how things are these days, and while my Ipod is only workable with wi-fi, i'm semi-addicted to that app. I update like crazy when I get wi-fi. :P But either way, Uncle Eddy's food is amazing. Its like I never left Malaysia! Curry, char koay teow, nasi lemak, you name it he makes it. And in Gippsland I have to make a ten minute trudge to Hazelwood in the next village to get my groceries. Meh. I'll survive on bread and butter.

Totally does not help that v-line tickets are so expensive too! Fortnightly trips to the city it is, I can't afford to make one every week. Psh. But oh well, I'll be the asian kid who sits in her room and stares at her computer all day, school-shooter tendencies and all. xD Fingers still crossed that I'll make awesome friends and have an awesome six months here, but I'm all resigned to being friendless and sticking to my room.

That said though, Melbourne city is an amazing place. I love the culture and lifestyle here, and had my campus been closer to the city, I have no doubt that I would have had an amazing time here, friendless or not. I'm quite fine with adventuring by myself, and I can walk for miles alone had my campus not been so far.

But ah well, life sucks that way. Loneliness, here I come! xD

No comments:

Post a Comment