Monday, April 27, 2009

Reminiscence

I've just been reading through some old stuff, scouts stuff, class stuff, whatev. Saw some pictures, read some blogs of old juniors, and then suddenly, a sharp pang hit me. I just realized, just how much I really, really miss my secondary life.

Life in my primary school was not the best. In fact, I don't remember it at all because I don't want to remember them. But life in U8 was awesome, and I remember almost ever single detail.

Perhaps the one with most memories for me would be scouts. I mean, who could forget? Days we spent meeting in the canteen, where we would eat, talk crap, and then discuss on what to do in the next meeting. Playing around during camp, cooking over the fire whilst at Ledang, hanging around our darling 'Gary'.

They were days never to be forgotten. Campfires, the games, the activities. Despite the fact that I never really took part in anything, I really was content in just watching. Watching, smiling, shouting out comments whenever needed, and just... watching really. Watching idiots play, watching crazy guys biking around the school compound. Building gadjets together, watching marching practices, skipping class just for our scouts, they could never be forgotten. We worked hard at everything we did there, because to us at that time, it was probably our definition of an extended family.

I can still remember quite clearly actually, the days where we lost our voices after campfires, or after sports day. The times when we almost brought the ceiling of Burger King crashing down merely because we were all just too high. Disappointment at not getting first place, encouragement, angst, they were all part of teenage life.

And the class I was in was the best. The Bean gang, the times we spent just hanging around class. Doing projects together, discussing folio's and bullying each other. The sketches? The plays? The inside jokes we had with each other? Indispensable memories, each and everyone of them. You guys were like family to me. Through the chaotic things happening at home, you guys were like a pillar to me, and I can never forget my class of 5 Beans in SMK USJ 8. Each and everyone of you, important factors to our classroom family, and unforgettable till the ends of time.

No, I don't want to go back. Its just wishful thinking after all, its impossible to go back. But I know I'll never forget those times. And the mood that hits when I suddenly miss high school life, so so so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment