Monday, March 29, 2010

story of my life

Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months. And then, one not-so-very special day, I went to my typewriter, I sat down, and I wrote our story. A story about a time, a story about a place, a story about the people. But above all things, a story about love. A love that will live forever.

The greatest thing you'll learn is to love, and to be loved in return.


- Moulin Rouge

Remember the days, when I used to watch
Watch your laugh as you sit with her
Think back on days when I was content with a glance
No longer, not now, not anymore.

Now I long for so much more
I've seen so much, I've let hope run amok
But hope is a fickle thing, something not to be trusted
Its a dream-feeder, its a heart crusher

So no more, no more
Its time to lift the haze over my eyes
Let it end, stop it now
The time for childish infatuations is gone

No more dreams, no more hopes
No more childish fantasies
Its time to life, its time to breathe
Its time to live the life I wish

4 years is enough, 4 years too long
2 years spent watching, 2 years spent on dreams
But I've never had the courage, so I'll back down now
4 years spend wasted, now its the end of it all.

On another note, dang I'm hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment