Wednesday, April 18, 2012

time bomb


Easter break last week! Everyone basically cleared out the residential to return home or go on week-long holidays, and I was left with an empty house for the few days that I was there. So. happy. It was empty and I could do whatever I wanted and for once, I could bake to my heart's content, play music at the loudest I like it, and have a clean kitchen! I baked like mad, and played poker with the guys, and was generally very very happy. xD

They went to the city though, and only came back on Monday. And then we decided to have a hotpot dinner on Tuesday night because it was so bloody cold! So we went to Woolies to get ingredients, but we ended up getting so much ingredients we had to lug the trolley back with us. A trolley which, by the way, is still sitting in their living room. xD

baked my salmon quiche which everyone seems to like from Malaysia till here! Hot pot was amazing too, never knew how good steamboat could be eaten on a cold night when the temperature was four degrees. Dx

Finally went down to the city on Wednesday! First stop was at Mei's house, where she asked me to bake. So I baked scones for her! Not really fluffy enough, but she's not complaining so meh. xD

Went to eureka skydeck on thursday! Met up with her brother at Flinders before heading over to what Melbournians call the tallest building in the city.

Its a pretty sunset, absolutely gorgeous view, but other then that... I really don't see what else is there to do there. We got there just before the sunset, and managed to see it set before we left, at any rate.

We went shopping on Thursday too! Saw so many cute, adorable stuff. From Chadstone, we went to Spencer mall on Friday before I left too! I spent so much, I'm pretty much broke till the end of the month. >.<

Oh, not to mention, I ate like a pig. Dinner on Wednesday, Grill'd was amazing. Thursday was scones, lunch at Chadstone food court and dinner was more dumplings. Did i mention I gorge myself on dumplings each time I go to the city? I can't get enough of dumplings!<3

Met up with the AF peeps on Friday, cause Mei had stuff to do! We had dinner at a Korean place they brought me to, where I finally satisfied my ddukbukki cravings, and Peter ordered some intestine dish that was amazingly delicious. Steph was supposed to come as well, but she had work to do so it was just me and Peter and Ao. Mother of, the whole night Ao and Peter just went on about those pickup lines Peter was using on his korean girl friend's, and it was amusing, to say the least. I would throw a jar at the person who used those cheesy as lines on me though.

They wanted to bring me to dessert to! Apparently, this new place on Chinatown called dessert place sold stuff that was a lot like Snowflake, and darn did I have taro ball cravings. But! The place was full and had a line a mile long, so we only went to passionfruit for dessert. ):

Saturday afternoon after shopping with Mei at South Wharf's DFO, I went to meet Eunice jie at her place! Took the train to Reservoir, where here and Jere kor brought me out to dinner at Petaling Street restaurant! Surprisingly, the food there was pretty good, and I gorged on the kangkung rojak<3 After dinner we even had cakes with Uncle Patrick and Aunt Andrea! I have no idea where the cake place is though... somewhere in Box Hill I think. It was good, but I was way too sleepy to remember. xD

Dimsum cravings satisfied! I specifically requested dimsum for brunch on Sunday because I've been craving har gow since forever. The place was in Preston, and it was pretty good dimsum for a place in Melbie! Expensive, but oh so worth it. Oh, I have to mention, Sunday morning was the first time since I got to Melbie that I slept till 12, almost 1pm! I haven't been able to sleep in since forever. I think it has something to do with the curtains not being able to block out the light... either that or the cacophony of grass cutting, cows moo-ing and birds screeching outside my window by 8 is the one that wakes me up. xD

Cooked dinner for them that night! Steamed tauhoo, ku lou yok and fried kailan. Grandmother will be proudddd. :P I fed them!

Now its back to daily grind. But i can't wait to go back to the city in the beginning of May!

No comments:

Post a Comment