Monday, June 25, 2012

I look at marriages and unions of the people close to me, and with each one I see, the fear of commitment, of long term relationships only grow. I've seen people who I thought was impossibly in love, only to fight and squabble after a long time.

How can I trust? And how can I believe in everlasting love if the ones close to me don't practice it themselves?

All I want is a deep, abiding relationship where I can live in the secure knowledge that he would never leave me, never want anything but the best for me, and would never put anyone else before me. Might be a bit selfish, but I've lived enough trying to please everyone before me, that I simply want someone who would try and please me for once.

Of wishes and dreams, for someone who would love me for who I am, respect and accept what I want, and always be there for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment